Choosing the Colour of Your Wedding Dress? White wedding dresses aren't the only choice when it comes to modern bridalwear! More and more brides are choosing coloured and patterned wedding gowns to show their individuality and colour-theme their wedding. You can experiment with colour when choosing your wedding dress in Port Moody.
Choosing a coloured wedding gown can add an extra dimension to your wedding look, and each different colour has different meanings and significances that you might want to take into account when making your decision.
Shopping For Designer Wedding Dresses? Designer wedding dresses aren't for every bride. They can be very expensive and price alone excludes these from being a possibility for many brides. However, for brides that are willing to spend the extra expense, designer dresses can make a beautiful and intriguing fashion statement that regular wedding dresses cannot compete with.
Things to Consider Before Shopping in Port Moody for Wedding Dresses
Unlike before when societies are so strict about the sanctity of weddings, today this ceremony has mellowed and became informal. This is because more and more couple wouldn’t want to be stressed out on their wedding day. Aside from beach wedding dresses, one of the most sought-after wedding attires for informal weddings out there are the summer wedding dresses.
More and more brides are opting for summer wedding dresses during their weddings because these are comfortable. These also exude the impression of being free and unspoiled happiness because of the season itself.
Just like everything else in the world of fashion, summer wedding dresses have evolved through the years. From plain white dresses to more revealing cuts and playful tones, summer wedding dresses never cease to tickle the fancy of modern brides and bride-to-be. This is because summer wedding dresses provide seemingly limitless possibilities to brides all over the world no matter what their personal preference and budget may be.
Perfect summer wedding dresses
Since summer is synonymous to fresh and new beginnings, now is the time to redefine your style by choosing the best summer wedding dress there is for your wedding. Here is your simple guide in finding that perfect summer dress:
- Summer wedding dresses should be short. This means that there is no need for long trains and full skirts in this type of wedding dress. Since summer season tends to be hotter than the usual, shorter skirts will provide the bride ultimate comfort while walking down the aisle.
- Summer wedding dresses should be made of light fabric. This is very important because it will ensure your comfort during and after the ceremony. When looking for summer wedding dresses, consider those that are made from materials such as cotton eyelet, chiffon, cotton organdy, crepe, georgette, voile, or organza because these are light enough to let the air pass through when the sun's heat is scorching. (TIP: Perfect summer wedding dresses are made from the combination of one or two of each material mentioned.)
- Summer wedding dresses should be styled in season. Since summer means heat, dress style for your wedding dress should also be in season. This is not the time to wear long and puff sleeves compared to the traditional weddings in most churches. Instead, your summer wedding dress should reveal some flesh to make it "in" for the season. Ideal dress styles include sleeveless gowns or bodice, spaghetti straps, strapless or tube dresses, and off the shoulder would really make you look sexy and stunning. Opt for tea-length gowns that have hems hanging just below the knees, an asymmetrical length skirt for style and comfort, column style summer wedding dresses because they are simple yet elegant, and a princess style summer wedding dress which can truly flatter the contours of your body.
Tips in shopping for summer wedding dresses
1. Start early. It is always best to start early when shopping for summer wedding dresses to ensure that you have enough time to find your dream style. If your wedding is in summer next year, if possible, shop around as early as now so you can canvass some items that you may use. Before you shop, make sure that you have a certain image in mind so you wont get confused.
2. Set your budget. Before shopping, it is best to set your budget so you won't be having problems in financing the other aspects of the wedding.
3. Ask for places where you can but beautiful summer wedding dresses. Some of these places may include specialty bridal salons, wedding areas in various department stores, and various boutiques. But if you to save some money try visiting auction sites in the Internet, bridal warehouses and other consignment shops that offer discount in their items.
Ideal Wedding Dresses for Thin Brides
Although the modern times has opened a lot of possibilities to the brides when it comes to wedding dresses, it has also created confusion because of so many choices available.
To avoid choosing wrong wedding dresses, here are some considerations brides-to-be must ponder upon:
Know your body type. This is very important because it will determine if you would or wouldn’t look good in your dress. Since not all women are created with perfect body figure, it is best to know your body type to avoid highlighting your not-so-pleasant "assets."
For women who possess an hourglass figure, ideal wedding dresses are bodices with corsets or two-piece items such as ball gowns to give emphasis to their curves. Wedding dresses that have something that would highlight the waist of the bride are also ideal. For women who are pear shaped, one of the perfect options is Princess dresses with A-line cut. This is very ideal because the style will hide the full hips and will highlight the torso as well as the bust area of the bride. Petite women should avoid ball gowns that are big as well as wedding dress with mermaid cut because these only overwhelm the natural shape of the body.
Wedding dresses for women who have petite frame should be those that have simple cuts and fabric type to make them look taller and slender. For tall women who can carry majority of the dress styles out there, wedding dresses with A- line cut, princess line cut, ball gowns, mermaid style, and straight dresses are ideal wedding dresses. Although almost all styles can fit tall women, they should avoid empire line dresses because these can overemphasize their tall frame and can be too overwhelming especially when paired with small sizes of wedding accessories.
The wedding shop will help you choosing the right wedding dress
For women who have full waist, drop waist and princess-line dresses are the best because these flatter the curves of the waist. Women who have broad shoulder should avoid wearing wedding dresses that are off-the-shoulder and halter types because these will only make the broad shoulder "broader." Opt for wedding dresses that don’t have straps or those that have scoop necklines to enhance the shoulder and wear accessories or jewelry that have intricate design. Brides that are that have flat bust should choose wedding dresses that have square or scoop necklines that will emphasize the bust area.
Know what are the dress shapes available in the market. After knowing what is your body type, you should also familiarize yourself about the different wedding dress shapes available out there because this can help you decide which one will suit you best.
The most available dress shapes out there include straight wedding dresses that have revealing and daring cuts and highlight to the body's contour, A-line princess wedding dresses that is perfect for women who want to hide something from the bust line down because it practically covers everything from the bust line to the toes.
Empire wedding dresses which is practically an A-line dress except for the seam that is strategically placed under the bust line to emphasize some body shapes, strapless wedding dresses which are designed to reveal the neck are shoulder areas.
Mermaid wedding dresses that are designed to fit from the waist area until the knees before it comes with stylish flair down to the feet, and ball gown wedding dresses that are practically two-piece items including a full skit and fitted or corseted bodice.