Choosing the Colour of Your Wedding Dress? White wedding dresses aren't the only choice when it comes to modern bridalwear! More and more brides are choosing coloured and patterned wedding gowns to show their individuality and colour-theme their wedding. You can experiment with colour when choosing your wedding dress in Pitt Meadows.
Choosing a coloured wedding gown can add an extra dimension to your wedding look, and each different colour has different meanings and significances that you might want to take into account when making your decision.
Shopping For Designer Wedding Dresses? Designer wedding dresses aren't for every bride. They can be very expensive and price alone excludes these from being a possibility for many brides. However, for brides that are willing to spend the extra expense, designer dresses can make a beautiful and intriguing fashion statement that regular wedding dresses cannot compete with.
Things to Consider Before Shopping in Pitt Meadows for Wedding Dresses
With a million details to plan, few stress out the bride more than the search for the perfect wedding gown.
The dress of your dreams - one that you love and also makes the most of your figure - is not impossible to find. But all brides need to be honest about their shape and seek the most flattering silhouette for their body type. And please don't think it is only the figure-flawed brides who need to worry about the right silhouette. Even a thin bride has some pitfalls to avoid.
Not even all thin brides have the same body type. First, you can be short or tall, which is definitely a consideration when choosing a dress. Or you may have a graceful ballerina figure with long, lean legs and arms. On at the other end of the spectrum, you may be an athletic bride with a boyish figure and few curves.
Here are some tips for you thin brides to keep in mind when you start your search:
Short versus tall brides
Petite brides need to be careful that you do not get swallowed up by your dress. Those poufy wedding gowns may make you feel like Cinderella at the ball, but it may also be too much dress. If this is the case, you may want to try a tea-length dress (falling to about mid-calf) or a mermaid style dress. The mermaid silhouette fits pretty snugly to your body from the bust down to the knees, at which point it flares out. It is not voluminous the way a ball gown is designed. Simpler may be better for you.
In the end, you want all eyes to be on you on your wedding day. You want people saying, "here comes the bride!" - not "Here comes the dress." Being honest about your shape will help you find the right dress.
When you go out to look for your wedding gown, choose carefully who goes with you. Your bridesmaids may not be willing to tell you the truth for fear of hurting your feelings. And depending on your relationship with your mother, she may not be the right choice either.
It might be a good idea to go out by yourself, at least initially. Make an appointment with a bridal salon. A professional salon employee will be able to size up your shape, get an idea of what you're looking for and your price range and - hopefully - pull out just the right dress.
When you are wearing a dress that fits correctly and is appropriate for your figure, you will glow on your special day.
Wedding Dresses - Pro Style Advice
Unlike before when societies are so strict about the sanctity of weddings, today this ceremony has mellowed and became informal. This is because more and more couple wouldn’t want to be stressed out on their wedding day. Aside from beach wedding dresses, one of the most sought-after wedding attires for informal weddings out there are the summer wedding dresses.
More and more brides are opting for summer wedding dresses during their weddings because these are comfortable. These also exude the impression of being free and unspoiled happiness because of the season itself.
Just like everything else in the world of fashion, summer wedding dresses have evolved through the years. From plain white dresses to more revealing cuts and playful tones, summer wedding dresses never cease to tickle the fancy of modern brides and bride-to-be. This is because summer wedding dresses provide seemingly limitless possibilities to brides all over the world no matter what their personal preference and budget may be.
Perfect summer wedding dresses
Since summer is synonymous to fresh and new beginnings, now is the time to redefine your style by choosing the best summer wedding dress there is for your wedding. Here is your simple guide in finding that perfect summer dress:
- Summer wedding dresses should be short. This means that there is no need for long trains and full skirts in this type of wedding dress. Since summer season tends to be hotter than the usual, shorter skirts will provide the bride ultimate comfort while walking down the aisle.
- Summer wedding dresses should be made of light fabric. This is very important because it will ensure your comfort during and after the ceremony. When looking for summer wedding dresses, consider those that are made from materials such as cotton eyelet, chiffon, cotton organdy, crepe, georgette, voile, or organza because these are light enough to let the air pass through when the sun's heat is scorching. (TIP: Perfect summer wedding dresses are made from the combination of one or two of each material mentioned.)
- Summer wedding dresses should be styled in season. Since summer means heat, dress style for your wedding dress should also be in season. This is not the time to wear long and puff sleeves compared to the traditional weddings in most churches. Instead, your summer wedding dress should reveal some flesh to make it "in" for the season. Ideal dress styles include sleeveless gowns or bodice, spaghetti straps, strapless or tube dresses, and off the shoulder would really make you look sexy and stunning. Opt for tea-length gowns that have hems hanging just below the knees, an asymmetrical length skirt for style and comfort, column style summer wedding dresses because they are simple yet elegant, and a princess style summer wedding dress which can truly flatter the contours of your body.
Tips in shopping for summer wedding dresses
1. Start early. It is always best to start early when shopping for summer wedding dresses to ensure that you have enough time to find your dream style. If your wedding is in summer next year, if possible, shop around as early as now so you can canvass some items that you may use. Before you shop, make sure that you have a certain image in mind so you wont get confused.
2. Set your budget. Before shopping, it is best to set your budget so you won't be having problems in financing the other aspects of the wedding.
3. Ask for places where you can but beautiful summer wedding dresses. Some of these places may include specialty bridal salons, wedding areas in various department stores, and various boutiques. But if you to save some money try visiting auction sites in the Internet, bridal warehouses and other consignment shops that offer discount in their items.